Planning & Community Preservation
The Planning & Community Preservation Department is made up of the Planning, Zoning, and Building & Safety divisions.
Planning and zoning divisions are responsible for regulating the type, scale, and land use that may be established at a given location.
Building and safety division is responsible for structural and life safety concerns in the construction, demolition or alteration of buildings.
- Zoning Review - Reviews projects for compliance with City zoning codes.
- Plan Check - Reviews project plans and issues permits for all new development and renovation projects.
- Building Inspections - Inspects and issues certificates of occupancy for all construction projects.
- Historic Preservation - Advises about historic preservation issues.
- Environmental Compliance - Monitors and maintains documents and certifications for State and local requirements.
Service Counter Hours
- Monday through Thursday 7:30am - 2:00pm
- Closed Friday
Building & Safety Procedures Brochure
2014-2021 Housing Element
2014-2021 Housing Element, Adopted January 28, 2014