Help prevent burglary & theft:
- Organize or join a neighborhood watch program.
- Use deadbolts and locking devices.
- Use alarm devices and make certain these devices are in working order.
- Keep your property properly maintained, such as trimming trees and bushes.
- When leaving town, consider leaving an interior lamp or radio on to make your property appear lived in.
- Keep valuables out of sight and have an accurate inventory of important items.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
Identity Theft & Fraud
Learn how to avoid Identity Theft and Fraud, and what to do if you are a victim.Los Angeles County Sheriff's Fraud & Identity Theft Prevention Information
FTC's Identity Theft Site
What Are Identity Theft and Identity Fraud?
Identity Theft Information from the Office of the California Attorney General