Last week of program! Saturday, August 3, 2013, is the last day of the Sierra Madre Public Library’s Summer Reading Program. Children, Teens and Adults should log all their hours by this Saturday to claim any prizes.
Reading is So Delicious! Sierra Madre’s eight-week Summer Reading Program starts on Monday, June 10 and runs through Saturday, August 3, 2013. Participants may register anytime during this period and read to earn prizes along the way.
CHILDREN: Each child receives a reading log, bookmark, and a book bag at registration. Children read and record their books (print or e-Book), and prizes are awarded when each reading goal is met. Children may enter one of three divisions: Beginner, for our very youngest patrons, who are not yet able to read on their own; Reader for school-age readers in grades 1 – 6; and Challenger for children in grades 2 – 6, in which 35 hours of reading is the goal.Family Fun Programs:
- Monday, June 17, 10 a.m. Annie Banannie. Cook up an entertaining and sensational balloon story with Annie!
- Thursday, June 27, 7 p.m. Animal Magic. Exciting family audience participation comedy-magic, show with live exotic pets!
- Wednesday, July 10, 7 p.m. Stuffed Animal Sleepover. Children leave their stuffed animals at the library for a sleepover.
- Monday, July 15, 10 a.m. Clint Perry and the Boo Hoo Crew. Hilarious music, costumes, play, pirates, toys and more wait!
- Monday, July 29, 10 a.m. David Cousins. Bright, fun award-winning comedy juggling with audience involvement, music and thrills!
TEENS: Read 8 books by the end of the program and earn prizes for every two books read.
Teen Volunteers: Grades Seven and Up! The volunteers work at least two hours a week during Summer Reading Program. Signups are in May.
ADULTS: Adult participants will be entered into the grand prize drawing once they have submitted their first title read (book, eBook or audiobook), and can win in weekly drawings.Adult Summer Reading Programs:
- Saturday, June 29, 10 a.m. Edible Gardening
- Saturday, July 13, 4 p.m. Saturday Afternoon Café Sounds
- Saturday, July 27, 4 p.m. Saturday Afternoon Café Sounds
We invite all Adult Summer Reading Program participants to join us for Third Thursday Book Club at the Library!
- Thursday, June 20, 11 a.m., Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- Thursday, July 18, 11 a.m., Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
Sierra Madre Public Library, 440 W. Sierra Madre Blvd., Sierra Madre, CA 91024 (626) 355-7186 www.cityofsierramadre.com