The Volunteer Sierra Madre Fourth of July Committee is seeking nominations for the 2014 Fourth of July Parade Grand Marshal. The Parade will be held as always the morning of July 4th.
Parade Grand Marshal nominees should embody the spirit of Sierra Madre, be an active volunteer in any of the local nonprofit organizations or in some way contributed to the betterment of Sierra Madre. Nominees may be an individual or volunteers or an organization.
Nominations must be submitted in writing by Thursday, May 1, 2014 and should be sent to the Fourth of July Committee, PO Box 1073 Sierra Madre CA 91025 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations should be no more than 1 page but at least a paragraph explaining why the honor should be given including contributions to the Sierra Madre community.
Previous Grand Marshalls have included:
- 2013 VFW Post 3208 & Hometown Hero Mama Pete
- 2012 Nel and Bob Soltz (Wistaria Vine owners)
- 2011 Gayle Bluemel & Hometown Hero John Shear
- 2010 Lew Wantanabe
- 2009 Midge Morash
- 2008 Sierra Madre Fire Department
- 2007 Ward Family (E. Waldo Ward & Sons)
- 2006 Judy Webb Martin & Toni Buckner & Hometown Hero Barbara Wamboldt
- 2005 Police Chief Wayne Bailey
- 2004 Doug Berkshire
- 2003 John Grijalva
- 2002 Bob Quamstrom
- 2001 Ty Gaffney
- 2000 Dr. Bill White and 1999 Jim & Barbara Heasley
This All-American friends and family event is made possible through the wonderful contribution of donors and sponsors. If you’d like to help please visit www.sierramadre4thofjuly.com or follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SierraMadre4thOfJulyInfoPage