In these times of high unemployment and uncertain financial concerns, crime trends have a tendency to spike in the areas of theft, burglaries and other related crimes. But you can do something about it by getting involved in a Neighborhood Watch program.
The Sierra Madre Police Department invites you to join them in combating crime by becoming a Block Captain or volunteering to host a Neighborhood Watch meeting on your block. Getting involved enhances the quality of life in your neighborhood by making it a safer place to live. Neighbors looking out for one another and reporting suspicious activities to police at an early stage, promote crime prevention and the timely apprehension of criminals.
Want to start a neighborhood watch program on your block? Call Sgt. Ruben Enriquez at (626) 355-1414.
Want a home security inspection? Call Sgt. Ruben Enriquez at (626) 355-1414.
The Sierra Madre Police Department offers you the following crime prevention tips:
• Always lock the doors to your home and your cars.
• Use deadbolt locks and other secure locking devices.
• Use your alarm system, if you have one, and check it periodically to insure that it is in working order.
• Use motion sensor lights around your home.
• Keep valuables out of sight, especially valuables left in your car.
• Notify your neighbors when you will be away for an extended period of time.
• Request extra patrol service from the Sierra Madre Police Department when you are going to be away from home.
• Always be aware of your surroundings.