A General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Sierra Madre on Tuesday, April 10, 2018.


The polls will be open between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm.


For more information on the election process, please call Laura Aguilar, Elections Official, Assistant City Clerk, at (626) 355-7135, ext. 202

Voter resources:

 - Voter Information 
 - Find Your Precinct
 - Vote.org
 - Elections and Voter Information 


The following are polling places for Sierra Madre’s General Municipal Election on April 10, 2018:

  • Voting Precinct 6400002A –
    Episcopal Church of the Ascension
    25 E. Laurel Avenue
    Accessible to Handicapped:  Yes
    Comprising Precincts:  6400002A, B, C, D, E, 6400003A, B, C, D, 6400004A, B, C, D, E, and F
  •  Voting Precinct 6400006A –
    Sierra Madre Methodist Church, Hartzell Hall
    695 W. Sierra Madre Blvd.
    Accessible to Handicapped:  Yes
    Comprising Precincts:  6400006A, B, C, D, E and F, 6400007A, B, C, D, E, F, 6400013A, B, C, D and E.
  • Voting Precinct 6400010A –
    Sierra Madre Congregational Church
    160 W. Sierra Madre Blvd.
    Accessible to Handicapped:  Yes
    Comprising Precincts 6400010A, B, C, D, E, 6400011A, B, C, D, E, F and 6400012A, B, C, D, E and F.


To be eligible to vote in an election, you must have registered 15 days before Election Day. You can register to vote online or by mailing a completed voter registration form (found in most government offices). 

Voter Eligibility

You may register to vote if you are:

  • A citizen of the United States.
  • At least 18 years of age or older on or before Election Day.
  • Not found mentally incompetent by a court of law.
You are not:
  • Serving a state prison term for a felony conviction in a County jail under contract between state and local officials.
  • On parole/probation for a felony conviction as a condition of your release from prison/jail.

What if I just moved and did not re-register?

If you were previously registered in Los Angeles County and have not re-registered since you moved within the County's borders, you can vote at the polling place for your new address. You will be asked to vote a provisional ballot and provide your new address and your previous address on the provisional ballot envelope.

Vote by Mail

Any registered voter may vote using a vote-by-mail ballot instead of going to the polls on Election Day. California law also allows any registered voter to become a permanent vote-by-mail voter. Click here to request a vote-by-mail ballot for one election or to learn more about becoming a permanent vote-by-mail voter. 

Voter Identification

The Help America Vote Act (HAVA) states that individuals registering to vote for the first time in the state/jurisdiction must provide either a valid California driver's license or state ID card number. Applicants who do not have either can provide the last four digits of their Social Security number. If the voter provides a driver's license or state ID number that can be matched to a state record, then the voter will not be required to show ID when she/he votes.

If a person registers by mail, has not previously voted in an election for federal office and:

  • Votes in person: A photo ID or a document that indicates the voter's name and residence address must be presented.
  • Votes by mail: A copy of a photo ID or a document with both the voter's name and residence address must be presented.

 » Check back frequently for new resources and other updates as Election Day approaches.