Sierra Madre, CA. - April 11, 2014 - Winners of the Sierra Madre Public Library So Much To See, So Much To Do Art and Essay Contest were honored with cash prizes and certificates in an award ceremony at the Library. Children in grades K – 2 created drawings showing So Much to See. So Much to Do @ the Library and students in grades 3-8 wrote an essay telling why they feel there is So Much to See. So Much to Do @ Sierra Madre Public Library.
Local students, 126 in all, entered the contest and 16 won prizes for their work. Contest winners were announced on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17 at a celebration in the Children’s Room of the Library.
Students who live in Sierra Madre, go to school in town and/or have Sierra Madre library cards were eligible. Prize money was donated by local civic organizations including, Sierra Madre Civic Club, Sierra Madre Community Foundation, Sierra Madre Kiwanis, Sierra Madre Rotary and Friends of the Library.
The winners are:Kindergarten
- First Place Emelia Lagousis, The Gooden School
- Second Place Laurent Flores-Freihube, St. Rita School
- First Place Ainslie Covington, Sierra Madre Elementary
- Second Place Isabella Morris, Sierra Madre Elementary
- Second Place Sark Bayradarian, EIE Academy
- First Place Celia Goff, Sierra Madre School
- Second Place Nikki Hensley, The Gooden School
- First Place Aria Bayrakdarian, EIE Academy
- Second Place Sofia Mathews, Sierra Madre Elementary
- Second Place Amber Wang, Sierra Madre Elementary
- First Place Daniel Hara, The Gooden School
- Second Place Amelia Monsour, Sierra Madre Elementary
- First Place Dexter Winn, Sierra Madre Elementary
- Second Place Andrew Byer, Sierra Madre Elementary
- First Place Kyirah Hamilton, Bethany Christian School
- Second Place Yalda Zadeh, Bethany Christian School